Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally Here in Belize!!!!







Its seems like today is the first time in about a month that I was able to remember what silence sounded like. And as an added bonus, it came with soft breaking waves and a cool island breeze. Yep, I'm back in Belize. I'm sitting on the beach as I write this, so yeah, it's okay to be a little jealous (unless you're one of the other 13 people who will be joinging me tomorrow, then you've only got a few more hours to wait!!!). My day started at 3:30 this morning and well, not sure what time it will end, but probably fairly soon, I'm exhausted. The flights weren't bad, but as soon as I touched down (for the third time in seven hours) and checked into the hotel, I set out to rediscover the island of Ambergris. Nothing much has changed, and I guess that's for the better--if it ain't broke, don't fix it (although there's a decent amount here that could stand to be fixed). I visited Holy Cross Anglican school where we'll be working this week and...wow, it was an eye-opener. The work they do is clearly benefitting tons of kids, and it's a thankless job for the dedicated people who run it. They definitely need all the help they can get, and hopefully that's what we'll be able to give them. Found some places that look good to eat, so hopefully we'll be back there later this week. Pictures to come soon, but for now I probably need to go find something to eat...or at least to drink. It's been a long day...

No comments:

Post a Comment